West End Knitwear
West End Knitwear clothing
The company was founded in 1957 by Molly Cullen, after many years of designing beautiful Aran designs with her mother and grandmother. It was her dream to continue a family business whose heritage stretches back more than 100 years. She succeeded. Molly is Kate O'Shea's granddaughter. In 1856 she was the first to bring her hand-knitted woolen products to the commercial market in Ireland. Molly then founded West End Knitwear in her native village of Monasterevin. To maintain the tradition, the company was taken over by her sons Paul and John. We can now speak of the largest manufacturer of Aran knitwear in Ireland, led by Molly's grandsons Niall and Barry. Although West End Knitwear has been around for a long time, the company focuses strongly on the future. It was the first company to design clothing for people who love the outdoors. A number of garments have been adapted to meet the modern market. The brand is popular and is worn with great pleasure and pride by both men and women.
All collections are manufactured to the highest standards. The best quality materials are used: merino wool, pure new wool and wonderfully soft merino wool. This ensures that you can enjoy your garment for a long time. Wool is known to retain heat well when it's cold and naturally regulates when you're warm.
Why should you choose West End Knitwear?
West End clothing has been worn with great pleasure for many years. And that is not without reason. These beautiful garments have a number of advantages that we would like to list for you:
- Warm . Enjoy pleasant warmth thanks to the soft wool.
- Durable. You are guaranteed to enjoy your garment for a long time because the wool is of high quality.
- Self-cleaning. Wool is naturally antibacterial, odor resistant and self-cleaning. The clothes can be washed gently with wool detergent. Always check the washing instructions for this!
- Traditional design with modern designs. Knitwear of real Irish origin with beautiful traditional patterns adapted to the modern market.
- Wide collection. In our collection you will find garments for both men and women.
West End Knitwear: clothing with a story
Are you looking for warm and comfortable clothing and do you also want to look fashionable? This is possible with the West End Knitwear collection . Take the West End Knitwear unisex sweater , for example, one of our bestsellers. The sweater features traditional Irish knitting patterns. The beehive pattern symbolizes the hardworking bee or fisherman. Irish cables are knitted on the sides, which symbolize the ropes of the fishermen. These Irish patterns tell the story of life, so to speak. The beautiful traditional designs unite Ireland's past with contemporary fashion. View our extensive collection and be inspired!